While we accept walk-in business, it helps to have some advance notice when preparing an order for a customer. Because The Expendables Recycler has a vast and ever-changing inventory of used, unused and recycled production supplies, it’s always best to contact us a few days in advance of the date you need to pick up your production expendables. That gives us a chance to find every possible option for you.
You may call or fax us a request or list of production needs, or simply click below to send us an email.
Many of our customers look for cost savings by acquiring partial rolls of gel and diffusion. That’s why it’s in your best interest to contact us ahead of time. With advance notice, we can create partial rolls if they are not already on the shelf.
Here are a few suggestions to think about when ordering:
- Make a detailed list of what you think you will need. This will involve checking with your D.P., Gaffer and Key Grip to determine which items each department is going to need. Eliminate duplication if it isn’t intentional.
- When ordering Gels (Lighting Filters), be specific about how much of each you think you will need. Make sure that your crew knows that we have partial rolls of gel available, so they can order just the amounts that they will need. Most full rolls are 4 feet wide and 25 feet long. Individual sheets (24″ x 21″) are also available.
- Color Correction Gels – C.T.O. (ORANGE), C.T.B. (BLUE), PLUS GREEN, MINUS GREEN, C.T.S. (STRAW) Color Correction Gels come in four different shades. (Full, Half, Quarter and Eighth) Find out which ones you’ll need. Fluorescent lighting might require plus or minus greens. Tungsten lighting with a window in the shot might require C.T. Orange for the windows or C.T. Blue for the lights. C.T. Straw is similar to, and sometimes used in place of, C.T. Orange. HMI lights might need some plus or minus green to correct them to being green neutral.
- ND (Neutral Density) Gels – The gels placed on windows to darken them. Often seen in the shot, but hopefully not noticed. They come in different degrees of darkness. (ND.15 (1/2 F-stop), ND.3 (1 stop), ND.6 (2 stops), ND.9 (3 stops), and ND1.2 (4 stops) Measure those windows! They’ll need a lot of gel.
- There are several ways to make “soft” light. Diffusion, China balls, bouncing off a white surface (BUY foamcore, beadboard, or showcard), etc.
IMPORTANT: Call ahead! We’ll need time to get your order pulled, and only with advance warning can we create partial rolls of gel if necessary. It helps us AND will give you more options.
Help us help you save money and the environment by contacting The Expendables Recycler today!
Let us know when you’d like to come by!
If you have a “wish list” that you’d like to send to us, you can attach it to an email!
|Feel free to call or email us!
phone: (818) 901-9796